Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Flake Processing (Read 224 times)
Abyss
YaBB Administrator

Flake Processing
Dec 27th, 2005, 5:49pm

There are a gazillion different ways to pack a flake tobacco. Some like to roll it, wad it, stuff it, twist it, etc. and others like to rub it out and break it up. I personally like to roll it up and pack it in to enjoy the best flavors, but there are some flakes that just don't like being treated in such a way. So in the past, I would just chop them up and rub them out, but i could never get a consistent cut. So I decided to try out one of those tobacco grinders from Cup O Joes (no affiliation with the shop) and I have to say that I'm very pleasantly surprised. I took a large flake of stonehaven, which is normally very oily, and put it through the grinder. The tobacco ended up in a very fine cut and it burned easily. Normally, when I roll this flake and pack it, it's difficult to light and to keep lit because of its oiliness. If I let it dry out too  much then it just crumbles and doesn't pack right nor taste right. After using this grinder, I've got the bowl going on the charring light and it's burning evenly. Who'da thunk it!?

Anyone else tried one?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Chicago Pipe Show Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.

Contact Us Site Map